Thursday, September 13, 2007

Freaky Tuesday

Attention: Below is a real life story that is based on my true experience. It is not related to any tv series or movie and any coincide is merely a coincidence. And no, it has ntg to do with Freaky Friday that starred Lindsay Lohan, mind you. Lol.

The date was September the 11th 2007. It was 6.15am. It was raining heavily outside, perfect day for another god-knows hours of sleep but unfortunately it was a schooling day. The alarm rang and as sloggish as usual, I crept out of my bed. That was when the nightmare started. Instead of getting out of the bed from the right side, i decided to get off from the left. I dunno y but i guess that is one of those days when u decided to try something new? But it was a very big mistake...very big indeed. Heard of 'getting off the wrong side of bed' before ?

I continued with my daily mundane routine which includes brushing(teeth), bathing, clothing and then styling(hair) and was off to school by 6.40am unaware of the nightmare awaiting me ahead. The rain had subsided by now, only tiny drizzles. For your info, my uncle takes me toschool everyday on his way to work. So as we approach High School Klang, my uncle asked me a significant question, ( ignore the lahs .. malaysian slang .. sighh)

"Where do you want me stop you?", he asked

"Just stop me at the road infront of the school gate lah, no more rain ady."

"Nvmlah, I just send you to the backdoor lah," my uncle suggested.

"No need lah, stop me at the roadside can ady," I insisted.

Big mistake. Wrong choice.
And so, my uncle stopped me at the roadside infront of the school gate. It was 6.45am. Dark and still drizzling. I got out of the car with my folder. As I prepare to cross the road, I looked to the right. On tat time, thru my eyes, it seems the nearest car was at least 50m away, at the traffic light. So, I crossed the road with a little hurry as I was trying not to get myself too wet. I got to the middle of the road. Now as I was turning my head to the left to check for cars, BANG!
Something hit me from the right side. The world was spinning. I was spinning. And then i felt it, the infamous 'instantaneous moment' that was once mentioned by my physics teacher. It is said to occur randomly but usually on critical times like this. It was a brief moment but considering the period of the knock, it seemed rather long. During this time, after the bang, 1 question instantly popped into my brain.

Am I Dead?


Yes, a very spooky question but nevertheless, it happened.
Soon enough, I was regaining consciousness. I turned around and realised i'm sitting right at the middle of the road. And like any human being would feel at tat moment, I paniced. I turned to look at my uncle's car which was still there. It was obvious that he did not know wad to do either or rather panicking as i saw his break lights were flashing red , stopped and falshed again. I suppose he wanted to come down but by tat time the cars 50m away were already released from the traffic light. I quickly gather myself, realising i'm in the middle of danger sitting right there. I stood up, wobbly, trying to gain my balance. I checked both my right and left arm to see if I were bleeding. No blood, good news. I tried to stand firmly, resisting the giddiness. I turned to my left again to check on my uncle's car but instead saw a motorcycle right there beside me holding up my folder, handing it to me. I took it and without forgetting my manners, I said 'thank you'. Well, i didn't know if it was him who knocked me cos he didn't say sorry or anything. So, when he helped pick up my folder, i guess a 'thank you' is most appropriate. Then, I was still in panic mode. I don't know wether I should go to my uncle's car or just run into school.

I made my decision. I ran into school and yet was still cautious of not getting my shoe wet as the road had slightly accumulated some rain water. I walked as fast as I could in state of shock. I quickly walked into the canteen and saw Boon Chiew sitting there. I took a seat next to her, gasping for air, obviouslky shocked. And Boon Chiew as usual jokingly asked me wether i juz came back from swimming because my whole body was wet. Still gasping for air, I told her I was just knocked by a motorcycle. Now at that time , I had difficulty speaking and had to repeat tat sentence 4 times till i tink she gets it because i was still gasping for air and couldn't speak properly as i was about to cry due to shock. And then i burst into tears, as silent as possible with my head down as there were other ppl in the canteen. She tried to console me but to no avail as it was a really frightening experience. I still remembered she was scared too as she kept saying "dun scare me" but she asked 1 weird question which was " do you want to eat anything?" when i was crying. Weird. Anyway, soon after that my parents came to school to fetch me home because my uncle had called them ( thank you uncle because i also wanted to call them but the stupid public phone only accepts card ). On my way home, my dad gave me a 5 mins lecture on safety on road-crossing, thanks dad, but not at tat time pls.

And so tat was my 1st time experience being knocked by a motorcycle( well at least i tink its a motorcycle who knocked me).So who is it to blame? Me getting off the wrong side of bed , me not looking before crossing the road, the dark weather, or the motorcyclist? Anyway, I'm very glad I was not injured anywer, only sprains on my neck and ankle. I would also like to thank my friends who made the effort to call/sms/msn me eventho during school hours to make sure i was ok. Although tis has been a freaky accident but i guess there were a few blessings in disguise. Firstly, my uncle now drops me at the backdoor, worried that i will b knocked again and also I now know that my friends truly cared for me. The sad thing thing is i lost my 3 months old spectacles that caused me Rm200++ from my hard-earned pay. It should b sumwer in the middle of the road shattered. However, now that lots of ppl see me without my specs, they say i look better. Haha.

Choppy,
-Grateful-
-Enlightened-

2 comments:

VîñSërñ said...

thank god there's only 1 way to get off my bed >.<

Anonymous said...

*screams*
Like only earlier this morining in school choo told me bout this!
*SCREAMSSS!!!!!!!!!*
You're lucky you're okay! Or Else I'd have made sure that bitch who knocked u gets a gypsy curse from me myself and I.
Haha..