Sunday, May 4, 2008

Phobia

Admit it, everyone has phobias, be it height, snakes, the dark or the paranormal. But believe it or not, I think I might just be ball-phobic.

Yes, as ridiculous as it may sound, I think that I am, to an extent, afraid of balls. In fact, any balls you can name; basketball, football, volleyball, as long as it is spherical, I'm scared. Ok, maybe 'scared' is a lil' exaggerated, 'avoid' would be more appropriate for my condition. It seems that whenever I join a game that involves ball-passing, 80% of the time you will see me avoiding the ball as though we're playing durian-passing.

So, I guess this is why I was never obsessed with any sports that requires a ball ( well, not that I'm any good in other sports either) Of course, other factors such as slow reaction time, etc also contribute to my lack of ability to engage in ball sports well but ultimately, I feel that the main reason is still my ball-phobia.

Oh well, maybe I'm just not born for sports. Sigh, another possible talent deleted from my yet-to-discover-talents list. I should probably go find Uncle Ee Leng ( pro basketball and volleyball player ) on ways to overcome this weakness.

On a positive note, maybe I'll do fairly well in dodgeball. Haha.

Choppy,
-Wondering-